Programs for Kids and Adults
Imagine a rainy afternoon, your children giggling and playing Star Wars as they take turns playing the musical themes at the piano.
Or as an adult spending your afternoon playing the Linus and Lucy theme while your cat or dog takes a lazy nap in the sun.
Music study Can and Should be a source of joy. These are two of many stories I can tell about my students who have found a place for music in their lives.
Click to Learn More!
Why Online Lessons Work
When Covid first hit, many people were skeptical that piano lessons could be effective in an online format. Good news-- it's great! In fact, most of my families have been happy to stay online, even months after our Stay at Home order was lifted. They feel lessons are just as good, if not better, than in person.
Here are 10 Reasons Why Online Lessons are A Great Option For You:
1. No Commute. You're tired from work. Your child is hungry and has had a bad day. The last thing you want to do is drive across town in rush hour. And with online lessons, you don't have to.
2. Your Technique Will Improve. Because I can see and hear you at your instrument, I can help you set good habits in posture and technique in ways that aren't possible with In-Person lessons.
3. You'll Get the Most Out of Your Practice. I'll get to see your practice environment and can better assess what kind of assignments and practicing you'll need.
4. Lessons Can Be Recorded. Miss a class? Want to review a technique? Zoom records, so as we progress together, we'll build a library of recordings that will help you in the days you're not in class.
5. Learn from Anyone, Anywhere in the World. It's Super fun to bring in Guest Teachers from all over the world. My students are in touch with composers, jazz artists, and more, and online lessons make it less expensive and easy.
6. You'll Take More Ownership. It's easy to get comfortable and a little lazy when your teacher can easily point to your music or write on your score. Online lessons let you take ownership in these little things, but this awareness of what you are playing pays off in big ways in performance quality and satisfaction.
7. We'll Know Each Other Better. Very Often my students and I share show and tell. We see each other's pets, new toys or artwork, and other important parts of our lives. We get to know each other as people outside of the studio, which means we can support each other in the learning process even more.
8. You can be Incognito If you're watching from vacation or as a passenger in a car, are feeling shy, or just do better by observing, take some pressure off and turn your camera off. You can follow along at your pace and practice what you need to.
9. No Snow Days. Cancellations for Weather are officially a thing of the past. Eliminate the stress of make up lessons.
10. No Covid. Or Flu. Or Colds. Pink Eye.... You get the picture. Plus, you can feel comfortable joining lessons if you're feeling just a little under the weather.
What you Need:
Camera and Mic enabled device
Acoustic Piano OR Weighted Keyboard
Zoom Platform-- Free Download